Backend Engineer (f/m/d)
We are looking for a highly motivated Backend Engineer (f/m/d) who joins our team in the development of a next generation cross-platform video conferencing software.
alfaview® gmbh is part of the alfatraining group. Apart from imparting knowledge, we are also pioneers in developing our own video conferencing software. We are future-oriented and work with state-of-the-art technology. We place a high value on collaborating across departments and on achieving our goals together as a team. Being part of alfaview® means being part of a product that shapes the way we communicate and teach worldwide. We are an international team of professionals from various disciplines working closely together, helping and mentoring each other and always chasing for the best solutions. We have flat hierarchies and provide a fun, modern and open-minded working atmosphere. We are looking for team players with a quick mind who like the kind of start-up spirit we provide.
- You will participate in all stages of software development - from design and development, to deployment and maintenance
- You will work with a cross-functional team of software engineers
- You will engage in the continuous improvement of the way we work
- You will ensure maintainability of our codebase through reviews and pair programming
- You will make use of your excellent troubleshooting skills and your creative problem-solving abilities
- You enrich the team with your competencies in agile software engineering methodology and your experiences with microservices-based architectures
- You hold a degree in computer science, software engineering or have equivalent practical experience
- You have 1+ years of production-grade software development expertise in any of the above
- You have experience in building and deploying backend applications
- You know how to carefully break down problems into smaller pieces
- You have a dedication to writing clean, testable and scalable code
- You have work experience in teams that use CI/CD practices to ship their products
- You have expert skills and experience coding Go, Java or similar, using TDD and OOP principles
- You are familiar with cloud native architectures including an understanding of cloud-based application deployment patterns
- You are experienced in using technologies such as Go, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes and gPRC
- You are proficient in spoken and written English
Join the alfaview®-Team
We are an international team with diverse backgrounds. We firmly believe that with diversity we can achieve better results and create an environment in which all individuals feel respected and appreciated. We welcome all applications and cannot wait to receive your resume in English. You are also welcome to share your social coding profile (GitHub, GitLab, etc.).
Jennifer Arens | Kriegsstraße 100 | 76133 Karlsruhe